I love magazines. Pictures, articles and more. But there are 5 (or more) things I can’t stand about them:
- Subscription cards – clearly I’ve already subscribed. And they force you to flip to some unimportant page. I tear them out first thing.
- Advertisements that contradict the ethos of the magazine. My sister gets Jane, and its full of them. But even National Geographic has plenty.
- Advertisements. I know you need to get paid, but how much? I’m already paying for a subscription…
- Paper – they’re such a big user of paper and petrol-based inks.
- The subscription department – do they ever get things right the first time?
I guess these are just all artifacts of the for-profit model. Is that why Adbusters is so much more enjoyable?